Sunday, August 31, 2008

Ottawa and More!






So much news!








We’ll have to take a break from explaining ourselves and what we do to explain where we have been for the past couple of weeks.First off, we went to visit my great-aunt, who is doing a magnificent job battling cancer. Spending a weekend with her was not enough, and we may try and visit her for Thanksgiving.


When we got back we had to hit the ground running. The annual American Fisheries Society conference started the subsequent week and Jon and I had to kick butt to get our presentations together. About mid week, I got good news; I was the recipient of the AIFRB travel award! It certainly made the work I had to do a lot easier to swallow ;-)


Me accepting my award at the conference


The next 8 days were a blur. They started with an eleven hour drive to Ottawa for the conference. Then we rubbed elbows with all sorts of interesting fisheries people, listened to some great talks, explored Ottawa, and spent buku-bucks on liquor at night! If anyone is thinking about visiting Ottawa soon, be aware that things cost a good deal more up there.


Jon takes on all of AFS...

he probably could have eaten half of 'em


Around the time we were preparing for the 11 hour trip back home I got a message from a venue Jon and I had visited and become smitten with. Another couple wanted our date and location! I immediately went into research mode, trying to figure out how many places could visit before the venue decision deadline (which was only a few days away!). Armed with my list, we made our way back to the US….


A sneak peak...


More to come on the venue search!

1 comment:

Jennifer Chernoff said...

I can't wait to see your venue! When we where thinking about having a traditional wedding, I wanted to have ours in the forest near Beacon Rock... but the area I wanted was a little unconventional(awkward) and small. I was also going to dress bridesmaids up in brown fairy dresses... lol.